About Skin Shield Daily Face Antioxidant Protect + Repair SPF 30
Your anti-aging defender. The ultimate everyday moisturiser. With a patented organic beauty complex, Skin Shield Daily Face (50g) is packed with restorative antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients to deliver dewy, glowing skin.
Formulated with 24 natural ingredients, including Hyaluronic Acid, organic Prickly Pear, organic Kakadu Plum and omega fatty acids (3, 6, 9, and the rare “beauty omega” 7) for the regeneration of collagen, skin elasticity, the brightening of skin and reduction in fine lines.
Provides antioxidant defence against environmental aggressors such as pollution and UV light at SPF 30 protection, which degrade the skin’s collagen structure and contribute to premature aging. 80% of visible facial aging is from UV exposure. UV rays are present every day, as they penetrate through windows, clouds and rain. Skin Shield Daily Face protects your skin from facial aging with SPF30 UVA/UVB protection. Our world first, light, non-greasy mineral formulation makes it feel like you’re not even wearing sun protection.
More than your ordinary day cream. Skin Shield SPF 30 was formulated by an internationally recognised expert on sun protection.
It is tested to the Australian/New Zealand AS/NZS 2604 standard, which is based on the international ISO 24443 for broad spectrum testing, and ISO 24444 for in-vivo SPF testing.
This means it is scientifically verified as delivering SPF 30 broad spectrum protection, giving you confidence that you’re getting a high level of protection.
24 effective botanical ingredients
We believe in complex formulas and that more ingredients and less fillers equal more results – and the independent testing we’ve done confirms we’re right. We don’t focus on one hero ingredient per product, we fill our products with the highest number of effective and innovative ingredients possible. Our goal is to create formulas that are effective and luxurious as anything in the world, without a drop of anything unclean and toxic. No compromises.
Every ingredient works hard in our formulation but below are your noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is like the glass of water your skin desperately needs when out in the sun. It’s a molecule that draws and locks in moisture to your skin, supports elasticity, and boosts collagen production. It has an ability to absorb up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Sea Buckthorn: This powerhouse ingredient contains over 190 bioactive substances to nourish the skin. Sea Buckthorn is rich in the rare omega 7 (the “beauty omega”) which promotes skin elasticity, cell regeneration and fights free radicals – it has one of the highest concentrations of this on earth. Sea Buckthorn also boasts 3x more vitamin A than carrot, which stimulates collagen production and evens skin tone.
- Patented organically grown beauty complex from 7 alpine plant extracts: The result of a research program in which a hundred plants were selected for their effectiveness in inhibiting tyrosinase (this is the enzyme which produces the pigment melanin, which you see as dark spots or hyperpigmentation on your skin). The research and development took 5 years, and the resulting clinical studies showed phenomenal results for their effects in inhibiting the production and transfer of melanin to the skin.
- Organic Prickly Pear: Is the ultimate beauty oil. It has the highest concentration of vitamin E of any skin oil (150% more than Argan oil). A powerful antioxidant that can penetrate through layers of skin, assisting the body with the natural wound-healing process. Vitamin E also helps to renew skin cells, making them stronger and reducing oxidative stress.
- Organic Kakadu Plum: Vitamin C is a powerhouse for the skin, it’s one of the most research-backed skincare ingredients, and Kakadu Plum oil has the highest concentration of vitamin C in the world – 100 times more than an orange. It brightens skin tone, reduces dark spots, and encourages cell renewal and collagen growth.
Full list of ingredients
We ensure every Emma Lewisham ingredient is clean and safe, with a “low hazard” ranking on the Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) Skin Deep Database. Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Sustainability Framework.
Coco-caprylate/caprate (1) • Water (1) • Zinc oxide (nano) (1) • Tapioca starch (1) • Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil (1) • Glycerin (1) • Sorbitan olivate (1) • Cera alba (1) • Lecithin (1) • Polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate (1) • Organic Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Sodium hyaluronate • Organic Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil (1) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Organic Mentha piperita (Peppermint) leaf extract (1) • Organic Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm) leaf extract (1) • Organic Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf extract (1) • Organic Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Organic Camellia oleifera (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Organic Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) seed oil (1) • Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Organic Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter (1) • Organic Veronica officinalis (Speedwell) extract (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) extract (1) • Organic Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Organic Malva sylvestris (Mallow) extract (1) • Organic Primula veris (Cowslip) extract (1) • Organic Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil (1) • Organic Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) extract (1) • Glyceryl caprylate (1) • Isostearic acid (1) • Caprylhydroxamic acid (1) • Sodium chloride (1) • Galactoarabinan (1) • Polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate (1) • Polyhydroxystearic acid (1) • Potassium cetyl phosphate (1) • Parfum (1) • Benzyl salicylate (1) • Citronellol (1) • Eugenol (1) • Geraniol (1) • Linalool
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived
- 87.5% of active ingredients are from organic farming (NB: we are currently reviewing sourcing for other ingredients)
- 79% of active ingredients are certified according to the Ecocert Standard. The Ecocert standard was designed to hold the ingredients, manufacturing processes and packaging of cosmetic products to a high standard of compliance.
In addition, our formulations contain benzyl salicylate, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetically replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil.
How to use
Apply liberally to skin every morning, under makeup.