About Supernatural Triple Retinol A+ Face Oil
This triple vitamin A-powered Face Oil by Emma Lewisham contains 20 high-performance natural ingredients and three concentrated sources of next generation stable natural vitamin A. It works overnight to reduce wrinkles, stimulate collagen production and target all signs of ageing, leaving you with a visible, luminous complexion upon morning.
Vitamin A is a hailed skincare hero, that deeply absorbs into the skin’s epidermis to combat the signs of ageing, regenerate collagen inventory, whilst leaving a luminous, plump glow. The latest in green-tech innovation, Bakuchiol is proven to be as efficacious as synthetic forms of retinol (Vitamin A), in building cell walls and plumping the skin’s tone and texture, without the negative synthetic retinol symptoms, such as irritation, dryness and redness.
An innovative natural extract from the Citrullus Lanatus tree is also included in this formulation, which reactivates the synthesis of youth proteins. It not only repairs the skin by inhibiting enzymes that break down collagen in the skin, but works to future-proof the skin by restarting cellular activity and re-densifying the epidermis for prolonged results. This Face Oil is 100% clean and natural, and is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding.
It’s not enough for our products to be 100% clean, they have to have uncompromising results.
Our Supernatural Triple Retinol A+ Face Oil increases the natural production of Hyaluronic Acid in the skin’s layers, inhibits enzymes that break down collagen and stimulates the production of collagen to retain glow, skin firmness and lift, as well as re-densify the skin’s dermis and soften fine lines and wrinkles.
Key natural ingredient Bakuchiol has been scientifically shown to be as effective in stimulating collagen production as Retinol and is better tolerated. One study found after 12 weeks of treatment, significant improvement in lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, elasticity, firmness and overall reduction in photo-damage was observed.*
*Dhaliwal S, Rybak I, Ellis SR, et al. Prospective, randomized, double-blind assessment of topical bakuchiol and retinol for facial photoageing. Br J Dermatol. 2019;180:289–296.
20 active natural ingredients
The 20 powerful botanicals in our Supernatural Triple Retinol A+ Face Oil were specifically selected to work in synergy with each other for powerful anti-ageing results. The Face Oil offers multi-dimensional performance, to not only repair but also prevent the signs of ageing.
We believe in innovative, natural, complex formulas that have more ingredients and less fillers. The independent testing we’ve done confirms we’re scientifically accurate. We don’t focus on one hero ingredient per product, instead, we fill our products with the highest number of effective, synergistic and innovative ingredients to produce high-performing products. Our mission is to prove that luxurious, high-performing skincare doesn’t have to come at a trade-off to women’s health or the environment’s.
Every ingredient works cohesively in our formulation, but below are our noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Bakuchiol: This Retinol Oil contains a high concentration of three sources of Vitamin A (including Bakuchiol) with next generation stability. Clinically proven to increase the skin’s hydration, it does this by increasing the natural production of hyaluronic acid in the skin’s layers, which our body stops producing in our late twenties. This creates a plumping effect and visibly diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Even better, Bakuchoil maintains its potency and superior performance, even under the most adverse of conditions.
- Kalahari Melon: Has powerful hydrating, regenerating, and restructuring properties. Kalahari melon has a high content of essential fatty acids (50% to 70% linoleic acid) which are not synthesised naturally by the body. These fatty acids contribute to the integrity of cell walls and the suppleness and beauty of the skin.
- Citrullus Lanatus Extract: A natural, innovative green-chemistry oil that reactivates the synthesis of youth proteins. It restarts cellular activity, re-densifies the epidermis for prolonged results, and acts to inhibit ‘matrix metalloproteinases’ which are the enzymes that break down collagen in the skin.
- Swertia Chirata Stem Cells: A patented and targeted anti-ageing ingredient using self-regenerative stem cell technology. This ingredient not only supports the regeneration of skin cells, but also helps to strengthen the epidermis for younger looking skin. It diminishes the appearance of skin sagging, caused by environmental factors (such as pollution and sun exposure) and on-going biochemical processes such as cell degradation and dehydration. It is clinically proven to smooth the appearance of wrinkles and enhance skin texture in just seven days, with a building effect over time.
Full list of ingredients
We ensure every Emma Lewisham ingredient is clean and safe, with a “low hazard” ranking on the Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) Skin Deep Database. Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Sustainability Framework.
Our Supernatural Triple Retinol A+ Face Oil formulation is vegan.
Camellia japonica (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) esters (1) • Citrullus lanatus (Kalahari Melon) seed oil (1) • Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Tridecane (1) • Undecane (1) • Bakuchiol (1) • Swertia Chirata (Plant Stem Cells) extract (1) • Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) seed oil (1) • Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) oil (1) • Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil esters (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Organic Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) oil (1) • Organic Argania spinosa (Argan) kernel oil (1) • Organic Borago officinalis (Borage) seed oil (1) • Prunus avium (Sweet Cherry) seed oil (1) • Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Corylus americana (Hazelnut) seed oil (1) • Tocopherol (1) • Phytosterols (1) • Phytosteryl macadamiate (1) • Squalene (1) • Lecithin (1) • Water (1) • Isopropyl palmitate (1) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from flowers) • Citral • Citronellol • Geraniol • Limonene • Linalool
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived
- 30% of active ingredients are from organic farming
- Our formulations contain citral, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
How to use
Use only at night. Massage 2-3 drops as needed into face, neck, and décolletage. We recommend you start using it three nights a week, and gradually work your way up to every night.